The Pan-Canadian Clinician Peer Network enables the sharing of leading practices to accelerate the implementation, clinical adoption and benefits realization of health information and communication technologies (ICTs). The successful implementation and use of ICTs – such as electronic health records (EHRs) and electronic medical records (EMRs) - requires clinicians to be engaged at every step of the adoption process.
Here you will find useful resources and tools from across the country. Please contact the Peer Network Administrator to propose new content.
Implementing health ICTs
- Advancing Collaborative Practice and Person Centered Care through e-Integrated Care Plans (Executive Summary) (March 2015)
- Advancing Collaborative Practice and Person Centered Care through e-Integrated Care Plans (Full Report) (March 2015)
- e-Integration Focus Group Study: Transforming Clinical Practices & Person-Centred Care (February 2015)
- e-Integration Focus Group Study: Key Findings (January 2015)
- Paper to Electronic MedRec Implementation Toolkit (ISMP/CPSI/Infoway, 2014)
- Implementing an Electronic Medical Record System (Alberta Medical Association (AMA))
- Are you EMR ready? EMR pre-implementation guide (2011, 4 p.).
- Pan-Canadian nursing EHR business and functional elements supporting clinical practice (Canada Health Infoway-Nursing Reference Group (NRG), 2012, 21 p.)
- The EMR transition support guide (Ontario MD)
- Dossier médical électronique. Comment le choisir? Comment le mettre en œuvre? (Garnier E, Le Médecin du Québec, 2012, p 1-19)
Benefits of health ICTs
- Knowing the benefits of electronic health information systems for clinicians – Video (Canada Health Infoway, 2012).
This animated video offers an introduction and examples of how clinicians and patients benefit from information and communication technology in clinical practice.
- Knowing is better for clinicians: Benefits to clinicians (Canada Health Infoway, 2012)
- The emerging benefits of electronic medical record use in community-based care (PwC, 2013, 98 p.)
- Telehealth benefits and adoption: Connecting people and providers across Canada (Praxia and Gartner, 2011, 129 p.)
- Optimizing medication safety at care transitions: Creating a national challenge - CPSI summit report (ISMP Canada / Infoway / Safer Healthcare Now!/ CPSi, 2011, 14 p.)
Spotlight on results series
- British Columbia Interior Health: Telewound care: Spotlight on results (Infoway, 2011, 2 p.)
- Chronic disease management through telehealth: Spotlight on results (Infoway, 2011 2p.). Spotlight on Results for chronic disease management through telehealth
- Electronic occurrence reporting system - Eastern Health, Newfoundland and Labrador: Spotlight on results (Infoway, 2011 2p.)
- Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) mental health & addictions services: BRIDGES project: Spotlight on results (Infoway, 2010, 2 p.)
- Cancer Care Ontario's Oncology Patient Information System (OPIS) CPOE project: Spotlight on results (Infoway, 2010, 2 p.).
- Telehomecare: Ontario Telemedicine Network: Spotlight on results (Infoway, 2010, 2 p.)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Drug Information System (DIS): Spotlight on results (Infoway, 2010, 1p.)