Posting Date: January 26, 2021
Position Title: Solution Architect, PrescribeIT
Report to: Director, Service Management and Operations
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Infoway is working to deploy and further develop PrescribeIT, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
The Solution Architect will provide technical architecture expertise in the solution architecture, design, development, deployment and operational support of PrescribeIT program to be rolled out across Canada
- Reviews and approves technical deliverables as identified in the project statement of work
- Lead or participate in architecture and design reviews and work package estimation reviews
- Advise stakeholders on solution architecture, standards, and project delivery
- Proactively look at opportunities to scale up solutions or add additional services
- Proactively looks for areas of improvement within solutions, i.e. better release management, better performance, reporting, analytical capability etc.
- Lead or contribute to requirement development and reviews, especially non functional requirements such as performance, privacy and security, maintainability, etc.
- Contribute to development of solution test strategy
- Develop and/or Approve project phase deliverables and funding/next phase gates with respect to solution architecture
- Solution mentoring and due diligence of implementation projects across all Infoway investment activities
- Ensures solution evolution and sustainability
- Responsible for developing conceptual and detailed solution architecture for upcoming PrescribeIT functional requirements/opportunities
- Provides guidance to provincial technical teams, vendor teams on PrescribeIT
- Participates in regular meetings of project working committees to provide architectural expertise
- Provides key technical insights, research, and expertise of proposed solutions, considering cost-effectiveness and alignment with Infoway’s acceptance criteria, technical and business strategy, and plans
- Play an advisory and supporting role in the development of RFPs and/or the evaluation of vendor responses regarding technology and solution delivery
- Manages the architectural review of project deliverables from solution vendors
- Evaluates proposed detailed technical architecture and provides recommendations for changes or enhancements
- Performs due diligence on readiness, capability, and proposed solutions for the jurisdictions
- Reviews system configuration for proposed solution and its ability to meet required service levels for availability, performance, and scalability
- Provide technical and architectural leadership as need for service operations, including incident management, root cause analysis and other support needs
- Some hands-on coding, scripting, debugging or configuration of systems and solutions as required
Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 10 years + experience working with large scale enterprise wide system architecture, solution design, development and deployment principles and practices
- Knowledge and exprience of Healthcare related standards is a strong asset (HL7 FHIR, SNOMED, IHE, etc.)
- Knowledge of Medication Management and ePrescribing standards and workflows is an strong asset (NCPDP, etc)
- Cloud Architect experience and certification is an asset
- More than 5 years of experience working with TOGAF or similar enterprise architecture frameworks is an asset
- Knowledge of IAM and Consent standards and workflows is an asset (OAuth2, OIDC, SAML, FIDO, DIACC.)
- Interpersonal skills to manage sponsor, stakeholder, and vendor relationships
- Team skills to work within a collaborative multi-functional team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills to work with multiple stakeholders, resolve conflicting priorities and ensure successful delivery of architectural goals and programs
- Analytical skills to identify gaps and deficiencies and develop technical solutions
Infoway is committed to employing a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Infoway provides reasonable accommodations to employees as well as candidates taking part in the recruitment process, upon request.
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.