Manager, Service Operations, PrescribeIT
Posting Date: February 10, 2021
Position Title: Manager, Service Operations, PrescribeIT
Report to: Director, Service Management and Operations
Canada Health Infoway is working with Health Canada, the provinces and territories, and industry stakeholders to create, operate and maintain a financially self-sustaining, multi-jurisdiction e-prescribing service, known as PrescribeIT, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
This position strives to maintain and improve reliable PrescribeIT service, working with the managed services providers. The Manager ensures that all Service Level Agreements, Service Level Objectives and Statements of Work meet the levels of the contracted services and that services are delivered as contracted.
This position will work directly with the managed service providers for all operational functions, to ensure all services are sustainable, supportable, reliable and managed to preserve the operational integrity of PrescribeIT.
The Manager will lead the operations work between PrescribeIT business leaders and managed services providers personnel, prioritize conflicting priorities, provide status updates to the PrescribeIT team, identify and mitigate risks and generally maintain the relationship with PrescribeIT stakeholders and the managed services providers.
The Manager will monitor tickets, handle incident escalations with a mind toward support, and workflow quality, run and create reports, monitor workflow and identify and implement improvement opportunities. Emphasis in this role is on ensuring ‘service excellence’ and strong internal/external customer focus, specifically prompt and efficient service to the PrescribeIT® business unit and assurance that users and business teams receive the support they require.
- Manage the PrescribeIT Incident and Problem management process, leading incidents and critical escalations including P1 incidents to conclusion and resolution
- Manage planned /Unplanned outages, follow procedures and policies for communication between groups and vendors and ensure contract expectations are met
- Initiate Critical Situation Management process and set up conference bridges for all parties involved and work closely with the major Incident Manager to facilitate a positive outcome
- Responsible for managing and tracking PrescribeIT on-going operations issues and act as the point of contact for PrescribeIT support related issues
- Maintain and improve process to organize and maintain a central database system to track and store related PrescribeIT tickets and issues across all managed services providers with documentation to allow for easy retrieval of information
- Collect, review, report and manage the service level reports and metrics established with POS vendors and Provincial support teams
- Identify and analyze trends and recommends appropriate process improvements to ensure timely resolution according to SLA’s and reduce number of open issues
- Communicate high priority issues to internal and external stakeholders including executive staff
- Oversee the Root Cause Analysis processes for any service faults
- Oversee the transitions from development to operations.
- Provide forecasts analysis based on historical data and projected program initiatives to Identify support resource requirements to meet PrescribeIT expansions and Service Operations scalability
- Maintain ITIL based support models that can be standardized across the PrescribeIT Vendors to manage support related issues
- Maintain PrescribeIT support requirements as part of Vendors onboarding manuals to ensure operations requirements are addressed in the PrescribeIT documentation
- Take the lead and provide technical and operational solutions to resolve escalated issues in a prompt and efficient manner
- Monitors workflow and feedback responses from customers, management, and team members etc. to help identify, design, plan and implement improvement opportunities.
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members, manage team performance; manage POS vendors to maintain and enhance service levels, identify future training requirements and achieve goals to increase performance
- Lead vendor onboarding operations process integration discussion and implementation based on vendor onboarding manual
- Review Vendors operations statistics to determine effectiveness and identify further training requirements or process improvements to ensure PrescribeIT is operating optimally
- Contribute to long term planning of the team with respect to resourcing, procedures, training, tools and techniques, strategy and service definition
- Build relationship with PrescribeIT service coordinator, vendors support managers and senior management to ensure the PrescribeIT Service is part of the equation when any changes or net new items are being planned or implemented
- Focus on decreasing the number of PrescribeIT incidents by the various EMR and PMS vendors
- Responds to inquiries from (Prescribers, Pharmacy Owners, and Pharmacists) and obtain the information required to drive PrescribeIT related issues to resolutions
- Participate in operations management committee meetings (OMC) and provide status on open PrescribeIT issues
- Develop and implement SOP’s processes
- Lead or assist in operations integration with Jurisdictions including Operations Governance Model, operating agreement, operational processes and reporting
- Undergraduate Degree in a technical or engineering discipline or Computer Science or related field
- This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with stakeholders in every day working relationships.
- Strong understanding of, and experience with IT Service management including Incident and Problem management
- Prior experience in Service Desk management
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate resilience and a capacity to maintain a constructive attitude during high pressure situations
- Strong understanding of, and experience in ITIL best practice, including process improvement
- Experience leading vendors to support meeting a contractual service agreement
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions.
- Excellent facilitation, influencing, organizational and communication skills
- A desire to deliver excellent customer service
- Computer skills to produce reports, documents and presentations.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with support ticketing tools (JIRA /Confluence or a similar application), issue tracking, helpdesk, document management, requirement management tools
- 5+ years’ experience with information technology service operations and delivery
- Experience in both public and private sectors of healthcare technology a strong asset
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification is an asset
- Experience with EMR and PMS workflow is an asset.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze data, solve problems and to develop improvements
- Proven experience working with Vendors, senior management leading and chairing meetings
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.