Posting Date: December 12, 2018
Position Title: Asset management, Telecommunications and Helpdesk Specialist
Department: IMT Services
Report to: Director, Information Technology
Manages the procurement of IMT software, hardware and their licenses.
Develops and implements procedures for tracking Infoway’s assets as well as IMT’s contracts. Ensures support on the videoconferencing systems and voice networking equipment infrastructure.
Collaborates on daily operations of user support and helpdesk requests to ensure high level of service and satisfaction and integrity of network services / office infrastructure.
Manages the procurement of Canada Heath Infoway IT portfolio.
- In collaboration with the Procurement department, responsible for the purchase of hardware, software and licenses for IMT.
- Assist in the contract negotiation with new and existing vendors, SLA negotiation and implementation, contract improvements and service optimization.
- Maintains and administer the Asset Management System in addition to the processes to ensure current software/hardware inventory is always up to date.
- Manage vendor relationships and support contracts.
- Maintain an active technological and innovation watch on new products.
- Revise invoices to ensure the math with the IMT’s contracts and takes part in setting and managing the IMT OPEX and CARPEX budget.
Manages the corporate telecommunications and videoconferencing infrastructure.
- Performs hardware installation, configuration and upgrades for phones and voice system, video/teleconferencing and audiovisual systems.
- Develops procedures for maintaining telecom and videoconferencing systems and reviews/updates existing procedures.
- Develops and updates a telecommunications disaster recovery plan.
- Manages extended outages and downtimes associated with telecommunications equipment upgrades.
- Develops and manages the telecommunications and audiovisual equipment budget, including video/teleconferencing.
- Monitors service problems and ensures resolution.
- Documents phone system configuration and procedures.
- Manages the MDM server and provides support to smartphone users.
- Creates and manages Webex (collaboration tools) and Intercall accounts.
- Provides telecommunication training to IT support staff.
- Remains current with the latest industry trends and best practices.
- Researches and identifies technology opportunities and their application within the organization.
Support and Helpdesk backup Resources.
- Participate in the daily operations of the IMT Helpdesk through the incident management process, assigning tickets and ensuring that internal service level agreements are met.
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues and problems.
- Provide level 1 and 2 support on the videoconferencing systems and voice networking equipment infrastructure.
- Track issues to resolution updating the internal knowledgebase and/or communicating learnings with relevant business units.
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective troubleshooting skills and the ability to use them.
- Participate in discussions to define new and improved methods of doing business about Information Technology.
Undergraduate degree or college diploma in Computer Sciences, or Information Technology, or equivalent professional training.
- Extensive knowledge of telecommunication equipment and desktop operating systems.
- 3 years experience in an IT service desk and customer service environment.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is a must.
- ITIL certification or more is an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment; high initiative and resourcefulness.
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.