Posting Date: February 11, 2019
Position Title: Event Coordinator (15 months maternity/parental leave)
Department: Digital Health Engagement and Marketing
Report to: Manager, Conferences and Events
Supports the coordination of Infoway-hosted and sponsored events, including planning and logistics, tradeshow booth and marketing collateral, and administrative tasks aligned to Infoway’s corporate objectives.
Plans and assists in the organization of events, workshops and conferences
- Client support: assist Event Coordinator, Event Planner and Manager, Conferences & Events in all areas of client management, including event coordination, food and beverage services, technical assistance, setup, room layouts, information distribution, transportation, marketing, and accommodations.
- Build and maintain working relationships with hospitality venues, graphic artists/printers, AV houses, photographers, speaker’s bureaus etc.
- Tracks information gathered on stakeholders for inclusion in the stakeholder database
- Researches and recommends event facilities, set-up, catering, and other options, working within budget considerations
- Assists with the planning and execution of events and webinars, and execution of tradeshows and sponsorships
- Requests, reviews, and negotiates contracts and quotes for small meetings, dinners, and other event related expenses
- Coordinates the shipment of promotional materials, including the booth and other presentation materials to applicable events and tradeshows in which Infoway is hosting, exhibiting at, or sponsoring
- Ensures the consistency of branding and messaging for external communications developed for events
- Coordinates the production, translation, and printing of communication materials
- Conducts research to support corporate communication initiatives: event calendars, relevant speaking opportunities using tools such as web surfing, contacts with other organizations and information from Infoway employees
- Coordinates posting of conference and event notices and listings for the intranet and the corporate website
- Coordinates internal resources to participate in events as speakers, presenters or attendees.
- Attends trade shows and other events as a representative of Infoway as required.
- Builds and monitors registration tools in order to track attendance and evaluate the success of the event
- Storeroom Management
- Coordinates purchase requisition forms as required for transactions.
- Supports pre and post event finance activity including invoices, expenses, and budget reconciliation
- Post Secondary degree or diploma
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in event coordination
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as editing and proofreading skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Knowledge of production technologies and processes
- Organization skills to coordinate logistical arrangements and resources for events and sponsorships
- Interpersonal skills to work with all departments of the organization, conference organizers and the general public
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with excellent initiative
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of Office Products
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.