Posting Date: February 11, 2019
Position Title: Accountant, Internal Controls, Special Projects
Department: Business Services, Special Projects
Report to: Finance Specialist, Special Projects
- Recommends and Documents internal controls for financial compliance & audit purposes and assesses/tests against these internal controls.
- Provides governance and finance support to geographically dispersed project teams and contributes to project based presentations and reporting going to the various Infoway Management committees.
- Reviews and approves payments related to Infoway’s Investment agreements for select Sponsors.
Recommends and Documents internal controls for financial compliance & audit purposes.
- In the context of the D365 implementation occurring in the spring of 2019, Accountable to ensure that all key financial and compliance internal controls are redefined and documented according to best practices (diagrams, supporting text, updating policy)
- Performs quality reviews of key processes for adequacy and compliance; interacts with required team to make required adjustments
- Provides ongoing guidance and support to Finance, Procurement and Legal, Account Management and the business units to ensure that processes are understood and practiced.
- Manages development/revisions of internal control processes, initiatives and training documentation.
- Recommends relevant process changes to increase departmental efficiency.
- Provides support in the transition from Changepoint to D365.
- Drafts bilingual communiqués and announcements related to Project and Audit related activities.
Provides financial analysis and expertise to the Account Management team and Project Managers and assists with the project forecasts and monthly project accruals.
- Assists Project Managers in preparing financial schedules (i.e. budgets, reimbursement schedules, monthly workbooks) for new project approvals, change requests, and legal agreement reviews for assigned projects.
- Prepares reports (i.e. Project expense forecasts, Accrual Aging reports or ad-hoc reports) to meet the information needs of the Executive Account Directors and Project Manager’s as well as Infoway’s management and auditors.
- Educates Project Managers as well as other employees on the Project-related processes.
- Manages monthly analysis of the change in the forecasts and ensures Project Manager’s updates have been accurately reflected in the Project Accounting module of D365.
- Acts as a liaison between auditors and Sponsors for assigned projects.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with business units across the organization to accomplish key accountabilities.
Provides financial expertise to Québec Sponsors regarding the Sponsor Claim process, and reviews Sponsor claims (draft and final) related to Investment contracts across Canada
- Educates new and existing Sponsors in both French and English regarding the Sponsor Claim review and submission process.
- Responds to ad-hoc requests and provides support and guidance to Sponsors in terms of project progression of achieved and outstanding milestones.
- Reviews each draft sponsor claim submitted and ensures all requested edits have been included in the final claim submitted for payment.
- Ensures analysis files are coherent, accurate and in compliance with the Sponsor Agreement.
- Ensures analysis files are documented in such a way that Infoway Management can quickly assess the situation and that the external auditors can comprehend.
- Ensures cashflow is secured and that all claims received are paid within the departmentally set timeframes.
Coordinates internal and field audits, provides quality reporting and input in ad hoc projects
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual Project-based reports destined to Management and the Jurisdictions.
- Coordinates field audits on investment projects, and compliance audits against Health Canada funding or contribution agreements, performed by appointed external audit firms Prepares appropriate audit responses based on available information in the financial system and through discussions with key stakeholders.
- Participates in ad-hoc projects upon the request of the CFO
- Undergraduate degree in Business/Accounting or equivalent
- CPA certification is an asset
- 5 years’ experience in a combination of accounting and financial analysis with a focus on internal controls, governance and project reporting
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations, Visio, Outlook are assets
- High adaptability to various software
- Planning and organization skills to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deals effectively with people at all levels
- Bilingual Skills (French and English) are a must for the position in the Montreal office
- Solid problem solving capabilities
- Minimum travel of 10%
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.