Posting Date: February 13, 2019
Position Title: PrescribeIT™ Business Analyst
Department: PrescribeIT™ Product Management
Report to: Director, PrescribeIT™ Product Management
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Canada Health Infoway is working to develop PrescribeIT™, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
The PrescribeIT™ Business Analyst has the primary responsibility to determine the requirements of an electronic Prescribing application that integrates with Infoway PrescribeIT central Service. The web application and a mobile application (business and system) requirements should ensure the application interacts with PrescribeIT™ and other integrated systems in a way that safeguards patient safety, privacy and security while delivering the planned clinical and workflow benefits to prescribers and pharmacists.
- Develop the iterative detailed business requirements of a PrescribeIT™ enabled electronic prescribing Web application and a mobile application;
- Business Use Case Scenarios
- System use cases and/or workflow diagrams as needed
- Detailed business requirements
- Business Validations Rule
- Interface & Integration
- Bilingual Translation (Phased approach)
- Legal & Regulatory
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
- Disaster Recovery
- Backup & Restoration
- Data Classification
- Data Retention
- Review requirements/documentation with applicable internal and/or external stakeholders, as required
- Assisting with the development of Test Cases
- Develop and managing a Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Lead or participate in User Acceptance testing
- Assisting with business case development, cost/benefit analysis
- Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Health, Health Informatics, Computer Science, or related field OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience supporting the development and implementation of systems in the medication management domain, including writing detailed business requirements (including functional and non-functional), user acceptance testing and quality assurance testing of web application and a mobile application in this domain
- 5+ years of experience working on digital health / interoperability initiative(s)
- 2+ years of experience working on a drug information system project or integrating clinical systems with a drug information system
- Modelling techniques and methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of the prescribing workflow
- Electronic Medical Record and/or Pharmacy Management system experiences are required
- Experience working in an organization that utilizes agile, scrum or extreme programming is an asset
- Working knowledge of Open Source platforms and licensing models is essential
- UI/Wireframe design would be considered as an asset
- Gathering business requirements for a mobile application is an asset
- Working knowledge of FHIR Specifications
- Bilingual Skills (French and English) are an asset
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.