Posting Date: February 20, 2019
Position Title: Engagement Manager, Western Region
Report to: Senior Program Director, PrescribeIT
Location: British Columbia/Alberta (Home)
Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver improved quality and access to care, and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Canada Health Infoway is working to develop PrescribeIT, a single, end-to-end e-prescribing service that enables prescribers to electronically transmit a prescription to a patient’s pharmacy of choice. This service will reduce the use of paper prescriptions, enhance patient safety, improve continuity of care, optimize existing drug information system investments, and facilitate better health outcomes for Canadians.
The Engagement Manager will provide short and long-term planning, strategic alignment, leadership, subject matter expertise, project management, operational oversight, negotiation, monitoring, and risk management to ensure success throughout all phases of the project releases within the assigned jurisdictions.
The responsibilities of the Engagement Manager include:
- Accountable for delivery of end to end (Plan, Launch, Integrate & Rollout) jurisdictional PrescribeIT plan
- Accountable for site selection and deployment during launch & Roll out phase
- Project status reporting – internal as well as external
- Responsible for working with Program Director and solution vendors for the quality delivery of development, QA and deployment milestones
- Responsible for working with various PrescribeIT leads – Change management, Deployment, QA, Service management to build a detailed end to end project plan for their release
- Responsible for working with Infoway’s compliance and Operations team to prepare content related to PrescribeIT solution and present recommendations for decisions
- Accountable for working with the Regional Project Manager (s), PrescribeIT (who deal directly with jurisdictional DISand integration issues) on the execution of the jurisdictional SOW for PrescribeIT integration workRisk monitoring and mitigation plan/approach
- Accountable for managing all jurisdictional deployment resources and their work/deliverables on PrescribeIT
- Creating standard, repeatable business processes to engage & service external stakeholders, as identified by the program delivery team
- Exceeding client expectations by anticipating needs and working to resolve potential issues
- Accountable for working with PrescribeIT Regulatory SME and the external stakeholders - Privacy commissioner, and relevant regulators and associations to obtain approvals on various agreements, approach and other regulations
- Communications (meetings, focus groups, bulletins)
- Preparing and reviewing program related documentation for both internal and external communication
- Establishing regular, ongoing meeting cadence with external stakeholders in each assigned province for successful delivery
- Managing Risk – Risk monitoring and mitigation plan/approach
- Undergraduate Degree in related field. MBA preferred.
- Project Management experience of a minimum of 10 years in the implementation of large business transformation programs involving pharmacies, EMRs and electronic prescriptions in the health care sector
- Experience in I.T./I.S. development and integration
- Experience working on eHealth system integration projects with the provinces
- Experience in product acceptance, conformance testing
- Experience working and negotiating with third party vendors
- Experience designing and implementing retail pharmacy management systems is an asset
- Experience and strong understanding of eprescribing solutions is an asset
- Ability to oversee multiple project resources from different departments or organizations along with experience coordinating resources across health system organizations
- Analytical skills to identify gaps, deficiencies and develop technical solutions
- Strong knowledge of provincial eHealth and drug information systems
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders and resolve conflicts and issues demonstrating strong negotiation, communication, and facilitation skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex, or ambiguous
- Ability to interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
- Strong business analysis skills, with the ability to research and assemble relevant information for retail pharmacies and EMR solutions
- Excellent organizational and teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communications coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence others
- High level of initiative and self-direction
- Strong knowledge of the health care systems (e.g. PIN, registries, authentication services, etc.
- Previous experience of product or service management, an asset
- Understanding of Canada Health Infoway mandate and PrescribeIT initiative
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.