Posting Date: March 8, 2019
Position Title: Senior Procurement Specialist
Department: Procurement, Compliance & Legal
Report to: Director, Procurement, Compliance & Legal
Manages complex procurement activities according to corporate policies. Coordinates and analyzes calls for tenders, negotiates and drafts procurement contracts and liaises with suppliers in accordance with Infoway’s business plan. Provide strategic guidance to internal clients and stakeholders to ensure we generate the optimal procurement value to Infoway. Oversees the integrity of the Procurement module within D365 Finance & Operations.
Develops Request for Proposals and other bid documents and negotiates with suppliers on behalf of Infoway.
Manages the development and execution of Requests for Proposals and other bid documents and negotiates procurement contracts.
- Consults and work in collaboration with internal clients to gather procurement requirements throughout the competitive bid process
- Drafts Request for Proposals and coordinates requesting department involvement
- Coordinates communication with suppliers once competitive bids have been received to ensure the evaluation process is documented, transparent, and equitable
- Evaluates potential solutions and proposals and drafts recommendations for proposal requestor and management
- Negotiates with suppliers and drafts business contracts
- Enters contract details into the Procurement module within the D365 Finance & Operations system to communicate clauses, such as payment, scope of work and penalty clauses, and manage the commitments with Finance and requestors
Manages contracts ensuring compliance with internal Procurement policy and guidelines.
- Processes requisitions received by Procurement
- Educates and works with requesters in order to suggest modifications that serve their departmental needs while adhering to the Procurement policy.
- Manages the signature process for procurement documents according to the Signing Authorities Policy
- Responds to questions from vendors in regard to their respective contracts involving legal counsel, if necessary
Manages procurement activities, according to internal procurement policies and guidelines
- Provides advice and guidance to internal clients on procurement practices and policies
- Monitors open commitments and contract renewals
- Escalates non-compliance or high-risk procurement activities, as required
- Administers the Procurement module within the D365 Finance & Operations system
- Pro-actively promotes publishing reports that address internal stakeholder’s needs (Open contract reports, Expiration reports, exception reports, breach reports….)
- Creates and modifies reports according to internal requests and changes
Continuously improves and maintains the procurement procedures and operation.
- Coordinates internal focus groups to identify potential improvements to the procurement procedures
- Develops technical and functional specifications for automating procurement processes
- Proposes procedures amendments for approval by management
- Communicates procurement processes and changes to Infoway staff through training sessions, emails, and information sessions
Liaises with suppliers.
- Works with the contract owner to monitor supplier’s performance, and identifies improvements
- Communicates corporate vision to suppliers to enable suppliers to work as partners
- Communicates issues and non-performance to suppliers so they can deliver services consistent with Infoway’s expectations
- Undergraduate degree /diploma/ in Business or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in procurement and contract negotiation
- Experience in negotiating large contracts with vendors
- Experience or knowledge of business law
- Experience integrating technology into procurement operations
- Knowledge of most recent procurement practices and processes, including value-based procurement
- Experience with Microsoft D365 Finance & Operations (or similar ERP system).
- Bilingual skills (French and English) are required
If you're interested in the position, please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity at Infoway however, only those applicants who most closely meet the qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Infoway provides accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities.