The following peer perspectives share new knowledge and experiences of clinicians that have adopted electronic health record (EHR) solutions and electronic medical records (EMRs) in their practice to improve care for Canadians. Find current practices, innovations and lessons learned about provincial/territorial progress on the implementation and use of EHRs and EMRs across the country by clinical leaders.
- Experiences from the forefront of EMR Use (Infoway / Canadian Medical Association, 2009, 75p.).
Compiled as 20 case studies, Experiences from the Forefront of EMR Use shows how physicians and their care teams in community practice are using technology to improve care and practice efficiency.
- EMR user experiences (Physician Information Technology Office (PITO)).
- EMR + physician + patient = benefits to both sides (BC Medical Journal, Nov. 2011, p. 460-2).
- Experiences from the front line of family practice (FP) EMR adoption (BCMJ, Vol. 53, No.1, January/February 2011, p. 10).
- On the EMR adoption journey with GP physicians in solo and small practices (BCMJ, Vol. 53, No. 7, September 2011, p.326).
- Profile of an EMR community of practice: Shuswap–Revelstoke (BCMJ, Vol. 53, No. 3, April 2011, p. 117).
- Physician peer mentors using EMR videos: Lessons learned (Physician Information Technology Office (PITO)) "The videos were recorded during PITO’s 2011 Peer Mentor Forum. Several physician peer mentors shared their experiences and lessons learned on using EMRs in a variety of ways."
- Improved communication leads to time savings with EMRs
- EMR helps expedite patient care
- Clinic sees more patients with EMR
- Primary Care Network (PCN) teamwork improves communication through EMR
- Electronic health records: A firsthand account - Dr. Keith Clark (The Region Reporter).
- Sun Country Health Region navigates a new frontier in health care (Health Saskatchewan).
- The Manitoba experience: Real-life stories of EMR implementations (Manitoba eHealth).
- Supporting EMR in primary care (Rounds, April 2012, p. 13).
- EMRs help physicians stay on top of their work: Orangeville Family Medicine Clinic experience highlights practice efficiency, more complete and comprehensive patient care ( by OntarioMD Communications, Ontario Medical Review, May 2011, pp. 38-39).
- Electronic medical records: Elliot Lake Family Health Team, patient care innovators (by OntarioMD Communications, Ontario Medical Review, March 2011, pp. 28-29).
- The nursing and eHealth project (Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)).
- Meet our peer leaders (OntarioMD).
- EMRs building strong physician-patient relationships: Patients' Choice Award nominators find EMRs provide opportunity for better care (OntarioMD, Ontario Medical Review April 2011).
- EMRs facilitate enhanced diabetes identification and management (OntarioMD, Ontario Medical Review, July/August 2011).
- Successful EMR adoption: optimizing your workflow (OntarioMD, Ontario Medical Review, September 2010).
- Tirez le meilleur des dossiers médicaux électroniques (DMÉ) Vidéos & Études de cas (InfoDMÉ)
Médecins, infirmières et responsables administratifs décrivent des pratiques qui ont favorisé l’implantation efficace des DMÉ dans leur organisation.
- Témoignages sur l'utilisation d'un DME Le blogue InfoDMÉ constitue une source d'information sur les dossiers médicaux électroniques et leur implantation dans les cliniques.
- Des médecins hautement branchés (Clic S@nté, Mai 2012, p.26-28).
- Première ligne: Les coulisses de l’informatisation - Accompagner le changement (Clic S@nté, Octobre 2011, 17-19).
Find out how implementing an electronic medical record has provided benefit to various clinics across Nova Scotia.
- EMR success stories (Government of Nova Scotia).
- EMR videos: bringing practice to life (Government of Nova Scotia).