Mental health affects one in five people every year. Digital health can improve access to care for some of the most vulnerable populations, including those experiencing mental health issues.
e-Mental Health refers to mental health services and information delivered or enhanced through the Internet and related technologies, such as apps, videoconferencing and text.
Examples of digital health solutions used for mental health services include:
- Online self-help: Includes self-help modules and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) apps
- Crisis support: Includes phone help lines, text support, online chat support, hot spot notifications
- Medical intervention: Includes video-based counselling; telemedicine videoconferences; and text-based counselling, clinical follow up and referral
- Peer-led support: Includes online monitoring, peer support apps, social media, chat rooms, instant messaging, gaming
- Coaching: Includes online therapy; video, text and voice chat
e-Mental health Solution Supports Patients