Celebrating Canadians, clinicians and organizations advancing digital health
November 8, 2018 (Toronto) – Canada Health Infoway (Infoway) is inviting Canadians to join us as we celebrate how digital health is transforming health care in Canada.
“Digital Health Week is a time to celebrate how digital health is enhancing the patient experience, saving Canadians time and empowering them to lead healthier lives,” said Michael Green, President and CEO of Infoway.
This is the fifth year for this national celebration, which is again being held in conjunction with the Infoway Partnership Conference, Nov. 13-14 in Montreal. With dozens of participating organizations involved in Digital Health Week, there are many activities, announcements and events planned. A few include:
- Podcasts by Patient Critical Co-op — Check out a series of podcasts covering a range of topics, from health care innovation and access to health data, to mental health and more.
- #HCLDR TweetChat — Join the conversation on Tuesday, Nov. 13, 8:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. ET using #HCLDR and #ThinkDigitalHealth.
- 2018 Infoway Partnership Conference— Connect with Canada’s digital health leaders and international experts on Nov. 13-14.
- Falling Through the Cracks: Greg’s Story — Join the virtual screening of a short film about Greg Price’s journey through the health care system, followed by an online discussion.
- Social Media — There will be plenty of social media activity happening using #ThinkDigitalHealth.
“We will continue working with our partners to build on our collective achievements in digital health and improve access to care in Canada,” Green said. “Together, we will deliver a modern, 21st century health care system that benefits all Canadians.”
Visit www.betterhealthtogether.ca/digital-health-week for more information and to see what else is planned.
About Digital Health Week
Digital Health Week (Nov. 12-18, 2018) was created by leading health care organizations to celebrate how digital health is transforming care across the country and to increase awareness about the value and benefits of digital health for all Canadians.
About Canada Health Infoway
Canada Health Infoway helps to improve the health of Canadians by working with partners to accelerate the development, adoption and effective use of digital health across Canada. Through our investments, we help deliver better quality and access to care and more efficient delivery of health services for patients and clinicians. Infoway is an independent, not-for-profit organization funded by the federal government.
Digital Health Week Participating Organizations
Federal, provincial and territorial health ministries, along with the following health care organizations from across Canada are supporting Digital Health Week:
- A&D Medical
- Accreditation Canada
- American Medical Association
- Association of the Faculties of Pharmacy of Canada
- Bits in Glass
- Brightsquid Secure Communications Corp.
- Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health
- Canadian Association of Radiologists
- Canadian College of Health Leaders
- Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement
- Canadian Health Information Management Association
- Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing
- Canadian Healthcare Technology
- Canadian Home Care Association
- Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Nurses Association
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute
- Canadian Pharmacists Association
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists
- Cardiac Arrhythmia Network of Canada (CANet)
- Diabetes Canada
- Digital Health Canada
- eHealth Centre of Excellence
- Gevity Consulting Inc.
- Health Arrows
- Healthcare Information Management & Communications Canada
- Health Standards Organization
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- HITS eHealth Office at Hamilton Health Sciences
- Hospital News
- IBM Canada
- IMO - Intelligent Medical Objects, Inc.
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada
- International Medical Informatics Association
- Iron Mountain Incorporated
- Information Technology Association of Canada
- Kids Help Phone
- Longwoods Publishing Corporation
- McKesson Canada
- Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Neighbourhood Pharmacy Association of Canada
- Novari Health
- Ocean by Cognisant MD™
- OntarioMD Inc.
- Ontario Telemedicine Network
- Orion Health
- Patient Critical Co-op
- Portal 724 Canada Inc.
- Red Hat, Inc.
- Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario
- Rick Hansen Foundation
- SNOMED International
- Strongest Families Institute
- Tectonic Advisory Services Inc.
- TELUS Health
- The Arthritis Society
- The Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada
- Think Research Corporation
- Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network
- Wolters Kluwer
- Women’s College Hospital
- Workday, Inc.
For more information, or to arrange an interview with a digital health subject matter expert or a patient who uses digital health: